Abuse and Neglect WBT Launch Page
Abuse and Neglect Investigation Course
The Abuse and Neglect Investigation Course is designed for professionals who have received prior training in:
- Abuse and Neglect Detection and Preventions
- Fraud and Abuse: Module 5 of Basic Health Surveyor Web-Based Training
- Principles of Documentation
The course modules include training in:
- The Role of the Surveyor
- Signs and Symptoms of Abuse and Neglect
- The Normal Aging Process and Abuse and Neglect
- Screening Techniques for Identifying Abuse and Neglect
- Written and Photographic Documentation
- Legal Considerations in Abuse and Neglect
If, after you click the "Launch Abuse and Neglect Investigation Course" link, you require assistance with navigating the course, you can review the course Help which is accessible via the Help link in the top right-hand corner of the course content screens.
This Abuse and Neglect Investigation Course is not meant to be a training tool on Federal and State requirements, but instead, it serves as a resource and provides some promising practices useful to surveyors and to professionals in the nursing home setting. Health care providers and surveyors must adhere to Federal and State laws, regulations, and policies. This course is current as of June 5, 2007.
You must be logged on to receive a course completion record for completing the course test. No completion certificate is available for this course and no record of your completion will be sent to the CMS Learning Management System.
Launch Abuse and Neglect Investigation Course